Volunteer Opportunity for MBA and Commerce Students: Join the Melbourne Space Program in 2020
The Melbourne Space Program Ltd. became the first Australian student-run company to launch a satellite in 50 years. We are a team of law, engineering, business, commerce and marketing students, who are passionate about innovation and growth in the Australian space industry. As we head towards our next satellite project – the company is growing!
We are looking to building a small team of talented MBA and Commerce students who can take MSP to the next level. This is a fantastic opportunity to put business theory into practice, engage with the Australian space and tech industries, and demonstrate your commercial acumen to future employers.
As a member of the business team, you will build a network at the top of Australia’s most exciting industries – including aerospace, education, robotics and defence. MSP also offers excellent training and industry mentorship, providing you with strong support and a launchpad into your chosen career.
Our Alumni have gone on to successful careers at Microsoft, Boeing, Saber Astronautics, Linklaters and into government departments such as the Attorney-General’s Department. Alumni have also started their own successful businesses.
What you will do (in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary team):
1. Commercialisation Strategy
2. Devising and Validating a Sustainable Business Model
3. Securing Sponsorship and Funding
4. Networking and Building Relationships with Industry
5. Market Trend Analysis
6. Financial Forecasting
What we are looking for:
1. Courage, Initiative and Drive
2. Commercial Acumen and Proven Academic Success
3. Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
4. Strong Interpersonal and Teamwork Skills
5. Passion for Innovation
Note: You are not required to have any previous experience in the space industry.
To apply, please send us your CV, and answers to the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in working with the Melbourne Space Program? (max 200 words)
2. Using examples, please describe the skills, attributes and experience you would bring to your role at the Melbourne Space Program (max 300 words)
Please send your application to Lauren Meyer at and CC: by DUE DATE 10 am Friday 20 March 2020
For more information, contact: Lauren Meyer at